Okay.. I give Up... Need Help with script
Hugo Delgadillo
2003-04-03 20:27:48 UTC
I uploaded the script and some source files into the files section in
a folder named Script Help...

Basically I am having problems with running any %COMSPEC% type
commands.. since they have a bunch of parameters, I created a batch
file becausE I couldn't get them to work.

Example Run, %COMSPEC% /c resetpw mistaff newpass \\\\%computername
This didn't work...

The second problem was getting Runas to work..
Scenario:
I am trying to install the MS software update services client on
about 1,300 computers via a login script. The users do not have admin
privalages so I am trying to use runas. The other problem is that
recently, the local admin password has been changed on some computers
but not all... The password is one of 2 different ones so I looped
the script to try both...

Complicated enough???

Basically I need to be able to run runas and run several updates to
the computer as local admin.

Seee the script.. I am probably confusing you more than helping...

Thanks all!

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/W7NydA/hdqFAA/VygGAA/EGnolB/TM
Redndahead
2003-04-03 22:05:51 UTC
I would first change all the local passwords. To do this see cusrmgr
in the 2000 resource kit.

Here are my lines for runas in my GuiRunas script.

Watch word-wrap

;------------Begin Scriplet----------------

SetEnv,Prog2Run,runas /user:%computerName%\\%User% "%Program%" >
C:\\runas.txt
;Run program
run,%comspec% /c %Prog2Run%,,hide

;Wait for the command prompt to come up and move it
;to outside the viewable window.
;Then activate it. If it doesn't do it in the time
;specified go to error.
Winwait,C:\\,,%WaitTimeout%
IfEqual,Errorlevel,1,Goto,WaitError
WinMove,C:\\,,-2000,-2000,default,default
WinActivate,C:\\,,%WaitTimeout%
IfEqual,Errorlevel,1,Goto,WaitError
WinWaitActive,C:\\,,%WaitTimeout%
IfEqual,Errorlevel,1,Goto,WaitError

;Block input before sending password. Then send password.
;Then unblock it.
BlockInput,On
Send,%Password%{ENTER}
BlockInput,Off

;Wait for the output to appear. If takes to long go to error.
SetEnv,LoopNum,0
Repeat,0
EnvAdd,LoopNum,1
IfExist,C:\\runas.txt,Goto,ReadText
Sleep,1000
IfEqual,LoopNum,%WaitTimeOut%,Goto,WaitError
EndRepeat

;Read the output. If Line 3 has error in it say there was an error.
ReadText:
FileReadLine,LineRead,C:\\runas.txt,3
FileDelete,C:\\runas.txt
IfInString,LineRead,Error,MsgBox,0,Error,There was either a bad
username or password.\n\nTry again.

;----------------End Scripplet------------------

Hope this helps

red
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/VygGAA/EGnolB/TM
Hugo Delgadillo
2003-04-04 04:31:02 UTC
Thanks for the response Red!

I will do some testing tomorrow to see If I can get this damn script to
work.... The problems I am really having is running long strings using
%COMSPEC% in my scripts...

As a rule of thumb, how is the proper way to run commands using comspec in
an autoit script??

Example:
Run, %Comspec% /c c:\\resetpw.exe %username% %password% \\\\%Computername%

Does not work for me...

Another one is using blat.exe from the command line.. since it has so many
parameters, it seems like they get cut off?

Any examples or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Sensei J. Richard Kirkham B.Sc

Post by Redndahead
username or password.\n\nTry again.
;----------------End Scripplet------------------
Hope this helps
red
Delgadillo"
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
I uploaded the script and some source files into
the files section
Post by Redndahead
in
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
about 1,300 computers via a login script. The
users do not have
Post by Redndahead
admin
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
recently, the local admin password has been
changed on some
Post by Redndahead
computers
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
the computer as local admin.
Seee the script.. I am probably confusing you
more than helping...
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
Thanks all!
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

http://tax.yahoo.com

Dan Welcher
2003-04-04 14:12:23 UTC
Hugo,

-----
Here is an example of Blat from a command line, within a script. It sends
the text of a file as the body of a message:

Variables are:
%FilePath3% expands to C:\MplusTemp\
Class%Pre%.txt is the text file. %Pre% becomes the prefix of the class, such
as '1st'.
%Teacher% is the email address of the teacher of the class.
%Subject% is something like, Student Information for the 1st 2nd & 3rd Grade
Class.
You know what %A_ScriptDir% is.

RunWait, blat %FilePath3%Class%Pre%.txt -to %Teacher% -s "%Subject%" -i "Dan
Welcher" -org "Lighthouse Baptist Church" -noh -r, %A_ScriptDir%, Hide

-----
Here is a line that runs Blat, then waits for the script to send some text:

When I want to type info into the console window, it runs under %Comspec%.
The variables are email addresses.

Run, %Comspec% /c blat.exe - -to "%MailReceiver4%\, %PastorDavisEmail%\,
%DanWelcherEmail%" -s "Attendance Information" -i "Dan Welcher" -org
"Lighthouse Baptist Church" -noh -r, %A_ScriptDir%

-----
Lastly, this line runs blat, sends an attachment, and waits for Autoit to
send some input:

%DocDir% is C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel Welcher\My Documents\, so we
haven't hit the upper limit of the XP Dos command line, yet. What version of
Windows are you using, Hugo?

Run, %Comspec% /c blat.exe - -to
"%MailReceiver1%%MailReceiver2%%MailReceiver3%" -s "Membership Plus
Backup" -i "Dan Welcher" -org "Lighthouse Baptist Church" -noh -r -attach
"%DocDir%mpluswin.zip", %A_ScriptDir%

-----
They all work just fine in Windows XP Pro.

Take care,

-Dw
---
An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.

Post by Hugo Delgadillo
but not all... The password is one of 2 different ones so I looped
the script to try both...
Complicated enough???
Basically I need to be able to run runas and run several updates to
the computer as local admin.
Seee the script.. I am probably confusing you more than helping...
Thanks all!
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

AutoItList-***@yahoogroups.com

Sensei J. Richard Kirkham B.Sc
2003-04-05 08:27:57 UTC
Nice example Dan

Think I'll stick with my fileappened bat for now
though I can't get xp to delete it when I'm done

Ohhhhhhhhh man I just realized a bat can delete itself
so i can put the delete command right in the bat

Thanks for the sounding board Dan!

Rick
Post by Dan Welcher
Hugo,
-----
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
I uploaded the script and some source files
into the files section
Post by Redndahead
in
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
about 1,300 computers via a login script. The
users do not have
Post by Redndahead
admin
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
recently, the local admin password has been
changed on some
Post by Redndahead
computers
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
Thanks all!
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Terms of Service.
=====
http://kirkhamsebooks.tripod.com/RaisingYourChild_in.html
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/martialarts_ezine.html
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/ebooksvideoscassettes.htm Obesity in Children, Anger Management, Internal Energy Strikes, meditation & More & NOW Raising Your Child to be More Postive and More Confident
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/sellmyebooks
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/qualifications
http://SeriousMartialArtistsOnly.8m.com The Combat Martial Arts Ezine

Dan Welcher
2003-04-05 17:20:01 UTC
The bat file sounds like an interesting idea. I might try that.

Thanks!

-Dw
---
Why get even, when you can get odd?

2003-04-05 19:45:01 UTC
I've uploaded the script into either Jon's or Reds
group a while back though you can probably teach me
about blat way more than I thought of

I'm using it to send out my ezines. I also added the
ability to send to one mail, then using atool,
checking to see if that email is on the list already
and if not adding it.

Rick
Post by Dan Welcher
The bat file sounds like an interesting idea. I
might try that.
Thanks!
-Dw
---
Why get even, when you can get odd?
Think I'll stick with my fileappened bat for now
though I can't get xp to delete it when I'm done
Ohhhhhhhhh man I just realized a bat can delete
itself
so i can put the delete command right in the bat
Thanks for the sounding board Dan!
Rick
Post by Dan Welcher
Hugo,
-----
Post by Dan Welcher
the 1st 2nd & 3rd Grade
Class.
You know what %A_ScriptDir% is.
RunWait, blat %FilePath3%Class%Pre%.txt -to
%Teacher% -s "%Subject%" -i "Dan
Welcher" -org "Lighthouse Baptist Church" -noh
-r,
Post by Dan Welcher
%A_ScriptDir%, Hide
-----
Post by Dan Welcher
-----
Lastly, this line runs blat, sends an
attachment,
and waits for Autoit to
Post by Dan Welcher
get this damn script to
work.... The problems I am really having is
running long strings using
%COMSPEC% in my scripts...
As a rule of thumb, how is the proper way to
run
Post by Dan Welcher
commands using comspec in
an autoit script??
Post by Redndahead
C:\\runas.txt
;Run program
run,%comspec% /c %Prog2Run%,,hide
;Wait for the command prompt to come up and
move
Post by Dan Welcher
it
Post by Redndahead
;to outside the viewable window.
;Then activate it. If it doesn't do it in
the
Post by Dan Welcher
time
Post by Redndahead
;specified go to error.
Winwait,C:\\,,%WaitTimeout%
IfEqual,Errorlevel,1,Goto,WaitError
WinMove,C:\\,,-2000,-2000,default,default
WinActivate,C:\\,,%WaitTimeout%
IfEqual,Errorlevel,1,Goto,WaitError
WinWaitActive,C:\\,,%WaitTimeout%
IfEqual,Errorlevel,1,Goto,WaitError
;Block input before sending password. Then
send
Post by Dan Welcher
password.
Post by Redndahead
;Then unblock it.
BlockInput,On
Send,%Password%{ENTER}
BlockInput,Off
;Wait for the output to appear. If takes to
long
Post by Dan Welcher
go to error.
Post by Redndahead
SetEnv,LoopNum,0
Repeat,0
EnvAdd,LoopNum,1
IfExist,C:\\runas.txt,Goto,ReadText
Sleep,1000
IfEqual,LoopNum,%WaitTimeOut%,Goto,WaitError
EndRepeat
;Read the output. If Line 3 has error in it
say
Post by Dan Welcher
there was an error.
Post by Redndahead
FileReadLine,LineRead,C:\\runas.txt,3
FileDelete,C:\\runas.txt
IfInString,LineRead,Error,MsgBox,0,Error,There
Post by Dan Welcher
was either a bad
Post by Redndahead
username or password.\n\nTry again.
;----------------End
Scripplet------------------
Post by Dan Welcher
Post by Redndahead
Hope this helps
red
Delgadillo"
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
I uploaded the script and some source
files
Post by Dan Welcher
into the files section
Post by Redndahead
in
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
a folder named Script Help...
Basically I am having problems with
running
Post by Dan Welcher
any %COMSPEC% type
Post by Dan Welcher
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
I am trying to install the MS software
update
Post by Dan Welcher
services client on
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
about 1,300 computers via a login script.
The
Post by Dan Welcher
users do not have
Post by Redndahead
admin
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
privalages so I am trying to use runas.
The
Post by Dan Welcher
other problem is that
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
recently, the local admin password has
been
Post by Dan Welcher
changed on some
Post by Redndahead
computers
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
the script to try both...
Complicated enough???
Basically I need to be able to run runas
and
Post by Dan Welcher
run several updates to
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
the computer as local admin.
Seee the script.. I am probably confusing
you
Post by Dan Welcher
more than helping...
Post by Redndahead
Post by Hugo Delgadillo
Thanks all!
To unsubscribe from this group, send an
email
Post by Dan Welcher
Post by Redndahead
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Yahoo!
Post by Dan Welcher
Terms of Service.
=====

Redndahead
2003-04-04 17:46:31 UTC
For some reason I have gotten in the habit of setting my program to a
seperate variable and then running that variable. I am sure it is
because I had a problem at one time. Give that a try.

I.E.

SetEnv,Prog,c:\\resetpw.exe %username% %password% \\\\%Computername%

RunWait,%comspec% /c %Prog%,,hide

red