AutoIt3 and Goto/Gosub labels
Private Name
2003-01-27 14:47:31 UTC
I was thinking that AutoIt has the : at the end of a label, where DOS
Batch has it at the beginning. I wouldn't mind, and it may be easier
to parse if the label Began with a :.

label:
vs.
:label

Again, special characters at the beginning of non-command lines may
be easier to parse...

; comment
:label
#include
$future meta-statements
*etc.
@etc.
&etc.

Larry

AutoItList-***@yahoogroups.com

Jack Horsfield
2003-01-27 14:55:02 UTC
if there's all this parsing going on, would it be possible to run with just
a /syntax_check switch? it seems to me that AutoIt3.exe will have the
definitive view on what is allowed, so why not make it do the syntax
checking?

jack
dlrow dednah-thgir a ni tfirda

Private Name
2003-01-27 15:08:43 UTC
I'm glad you brought this up. In order to keep AutoIt3.exe at it's
smallest size, for those still on archaic dial-up ;), and those who
use floppies :|, and those who live in the world of "smaller is
better" :/ , I imagine the fluff will not be included.... So, that is
where I come in.

I would be happy to write a dubugger (in C) that Jon could include
in his installation package. I have ideas, but what are other's ideas
for a debugger?

Larry

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

AutoItList-***@yahoogroups.com

m***@notes.udayton.edu
2003-01-27 15:21:27 UTC
Jack Horsfield
2003-01-27 15:10:18 UTC
yes, that would do too.

if the output went to stdout then it would be easy to pick up in some
sensible editor...such as emacs :)

...and if it gave line number and character position, as well as the error,
then it would be easy to do something sensible with it.

jack
Wow!!! Input! Megabytes of input!

Sensei J. Richard Kirkham B.Sc
2003-02-01 05:50:00 UTC
I noticed Rapidq has you define your subroutines at
the start. Something like that may prevent having to
keep all the gosubs at the bottom of the script and
trying to make sure you're not trying to access a
gosub at a label below the sublabel.

Rick

=====
http://tutor.hypermart.net/tutoring
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/martialarts
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/ebooksvideoscassettes.htm Obesity in Children, Anger Management, Internal Energy Strikes, meditation & More
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/sellmyebooks
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/qualifications
http://SeriousMartialArtistsOnly.8m.com The Combat Martial Arts Ezine

Jack Horsfield
2003-01-27 15:33:49 UTC
Support
2003-01-27 15:35:57 UTC
At 27/01/2003, you wrote:

>if there's all this parsing going on, would it be possible to run with just

And bloody hard it's proving to be to!

>a /syntax_check switch? it seems to me that AutoIt3.exe will have the
>definitive view on what is allowed, so why not make it do the syntax
>checking?

Probably. When I stop gibbering I'll think about it.

Jon.

AutoItList-***@yahoogroups.com